When Selecting a Cleaning Company, Going for the Low Bid Gets You Cheap, But Not Clean.
Business often change cleaning companies, because they are unhappy with the services they are receiving. You truly get what you pay for in this industry!
So many businesses want the cheapest bid and then change cleaning companies so often it’s like a revolving door because they aren’t happy with the results. Reminds me of the definition of insanity: doing the same things over and over but expecting different results, right?
You’d think they would catch a clue and review why it’s important to partner with a company that values doing the job right and truly delivering ‘clean,’ not just going with the lowest quote all the time.
When shopping for cleaning services and getting price quotes:
- make sure the price you pay reflects your unique needs,
- that you partner with a company that values clean,
- is responsive,
- has through training, and
- does multi state background checks on their employees.
These things seem like no brainers… but it’s how AQC does business. You’d be amazed how many companies don’t do these things.
Quotes can vary a lot even with the same square footage. For example, one office may get lots of customer, employee and visitor traffic each day, while another office has little traffic or daily dirt but has a lot of marble flooring that requires extra care.
In addition to the size of your facility, the age of your building, type of work you do, floor types, office layout and special requirements can affect the amount you pay for commercial cleaning. For example older buildings aren’t sealed as well as new buildings and require a lot of high/low dusting because of spider webs & bugs.
Here are a few important points AQC thinks you should know about when shopping for janitorial services:
- Pricing plans should be flexible to match your unique needs and your cleaning company should be flexible to customize specific service specifications to fit your business.
- Square footage is one of MANY factors making up a quote – not the only one.
- Don’t accept a price quote until someone sees your facility in person.
- The type of work you do (medical clinic vs. standard office, for example) will dictate the type of services you need.
- Having a cleaning company that can cover all your needs like carpet, floor and window cleanings makes it much easier when you only have to coordinate with one company.
- The lowest price shouldn’t be the deciding factor in choosing a cleaning company.
If you’re shopping for a cleaning quote, and want to partner with a company that values clean, please give AQC a call. We would love to show you what a passionate cleaning company is all about!